At the Trapani Law Firm, our burn injury lawyers understand how traumatizing it can be to lose everything in a fire, especially your physical health. Burn injuries fall into four categories, first, second, third and fourth degree burns. No matter how extensive you or your loved one’s burn injuries may be, if they are the result of a fire or explosion caused by someone else’s negligence, you are entitled to just compensation.
- First-degree burns: These often occur from small accidents and leave the skin red without signs of blistering.
- Second-degree burns: The skin will blister and have a slight thickness.
- Third-degree burns: These burns change the appearance of the skin permanently and can have a white, leathery look.
- Fourth-degree burns: These are the most severe burn injuries and go past the skin level into the tendons and bones. Fourth degree burns will impact the victim permanently.
The types of Lehigh Valley burn injury claims we handle include the following.
- Fires in apartment complexes
- Gas Explosion
- Fires resulting from car accidents
- Explosions due to truck accidents
- Burns resulting from victims being unable to leave the building because of locked fire exits
- Burns from scalding hot water or other liquid
- Fallen Power Lines
- Electrocution or electrical burns
- Smoke alarm negligence
Allentown fires can occur just about anywhere, so it is important to determine the cause of a fire that has resulted in a Lehigh Valley burn injury. Our burn injury attorneys handle a wide variety of premises liability lawsuits including apartment, condominium, home and commercial building negligence in Easton, Allentown, Bethlehem and the greater Lehigh Valley.
Workplace Burn Injury
The workplace is another commonplace for burn injuries to occur, especially if workers are required to operate powerful machinery or work in close proximity to flammable materials. OSHA reports that there are over 5,000 burn injuries every year resulting from fires or gas explosions on the job. Many times workers compensation may provide compensation for the payment of medical bills and lost wages, unfortunately injured workers are often denied the total damages needed to make up for pain and suffering and reduced quality of life or permanent disfigurement.
Lehigh Valley burn injuries are among the most severe personal injuries a person can suffer. The burns themselves can be extremely painful and can lead to infection, disability and in some cases, even wrongful death. When these tragic personal injuries are the result of another’s negligence, our experienced Allentown burn injury attorneys will work diligently to achieve the just compensation you and your family deserve.
Often, determining who is responsible for a person’s burn injuries can be challenging. It is important to consult with an experienced Pennsylvania burn injury attorney so that a thorough investigation can take place. In an Allentown car accident, for example, burn injuries may not be entirely the fault of the driver that caused the car accident. The manufacturer of the victim’s motor vehicle may be liable for placing a defective product on the market. Gas explosion, chemicals or fire may cause Pennsylvania burn injuries. Fires, for example, can start because of a number of negligent hazards in an apartment, home or commercial building, including defective gas lines, propane tanks or fallen power lines.
Damages arising from burn injury include
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Lost income
- Disability or physical impairment
- Loss of consortium
If you or a loved one has suffered a Lehigh Valley burn injury, do not delay in getting in touch with an experienced Allentown burn injury lawyer. You can reach an Allentown personal injury lawyer at the Trapani Law Firm in Allentown, Easton or Bethlehem, PA who will give you and your burn injury lawsuit the attention that you deserve. When you suffer a burn injury due to the negligence of another, our burn injury attorneys can help you seek just compensation for your personal injuries, future medical care and pain and suffering. Please contact the Allentown burn injury attorneys at the Trapani Law Firm for a free consultation.