A hunter suffered his Pennsylvania wrongful death when his propane heater exploded in Wayne County PA on December 7, 2019. The 81-year-old hunter’s portable propane heater malfunctioned causing a product liability wrongful death explosion in Texas Township PA, north of Scranton Pennsylvania. Police in Wayne County said the propane heater malfunctioned around 12:45 p.m. The fire marshal was called in to investigate the product liability explosion and the Wayne County coroner will conduct a Pennsylvania wrongful death autopsy this week.
A Dorrance Township home explosion on Alberdeen Road caused at least one Pennsylvania wrongful death on May 17, 2019 near Wilkes Barre PA and Mountain Top PA. The Luzerne County house explosion took place around 1:30 a.m. There is no word yet if this was a gas explosion. Sadly, a second person is still missing. A 20-yea-old male was injured and taken to the hospital due to the Luzerne County explosion. Pennsylvania State Police, fire crews and the Luzerne County Coroner were on scene of the Pennsylvania wrongful death explosion. The home explosion investigation is ongoing.
A Lehigh Township home fire caused by an explosion caused the Lehigh Valley wrongful death of at least one person on January 21, 2019. Sadly, a 36-year-old man and his 10-year-old son are currently unaccounted for. Firefighters reported to the Lehigh Valley house fire scene around 12:45 a.m. The Northampton County Coroner was also on scene of the Lehigh Township home explosion. Firefighters were able to get the house fire under control around 3:30 a.m. Crews from Lehigh County and Northampton County were brought in to help fight the Lehigh Valley home explosion fire.
An Allentown personal injury explosion took place on Turner Street and Seventh Street on September 29, 2018. The Allentown explosion caused three Lehigh Valley wrongful deaths. Lehigh County Coroner ruled that all three individuals died of traumatic personal injury. The Allentown explosion scene is scheduled to reopen on October 3, 2018. Officials said the Allentown wrongful death scene needed to be sanitized after the Center City explosion. The Allentown accident investigation is ongoing.
An employee of Pickel’s Top Tier Fuels was killed in a Pennsylvania Wrongful Death accident on July 5, 2018. A car crashed into the Pennsylvania gas station creating a fire that lead to the 52-year-old employee’s wrongful death. Sadly, A fire engulfed the building where she was working. Pennsylvania State Police said two men in the car were traveling north on Route 119 when they lost control of their vehicle. The Pennsylvania wrongful death accident occurred at approximately 1:30 p.m. on Thursday July 5, 2018.
A Pennsylvania gas explosion in Bensalem Township, north of Philadelphia PA, caused severe personal injury to two workers. One male worker is in critical condition at a local hospital with serious burn injuries. Another is still trapped underground due to the Liberty gas explosion. Firefighters from Philadelphia PA responded to the Pennsylvania gas explosion. Some local Pennsylvania residents were evacuated as a precaution. The gas explosion took place around 5:00 p.m. The Liberty gas explosion is under further investigation.
A 75-year-old man suffered a wrongful death accident when his RV stove malfunctioned on June 3, 2018. The Lehigh County Coroner pronounced the man dead at Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest according to the morgue manager. Sadly, the 75-year-old man sustained serious burns as a result of the fire. His wrongful death was ruled an accident. The RV fire broke out around 6:00 a.m. when he attempted to light the pilot light on a stove in the RV. There is no word as to whether the stove malfunctioned due to some sort of product liability.
On July 24, 2017, a fire broke out on a third floor of a Bethlehem house located on Elizabeth Avenue. At least one family has been displaced because of the Bethlehem fire. A second couple may also have to seek temporary housing. Bethlehem fire fighters did an excellent job keeping the fire from spreading to nearby houses. Bethlehem fire officials asked the American Red Cross for help arranging housing and food for all parties affected by this tragic house fire. Thankfully, no personal injuries have been reported at this time.